Ataxia Mini Course
Sign up here to catch our live or recorded mini course on Ataxia Featuring Chelsea Richardson PT, DPT, NCS and Lauren Kaldjian PT, DPT, NCS
Join the re+active team for one of our Schmidt Fellowship learning modules. We will discuss ataxia.
This course is presented by Chelsea Richardson PT, DPT, NCS and Lauren Kaldjian PT, DPT, NCS. Chelsea and Lauren are the clinic leads at our Torrance and West LA clinics. They are both passionate neuro PTs with clinical experience in movement disorders and especially ataxia. They will be discussing the pathophysiology, but most importantly, the treatment evidence and practical aspects of working with someone with ataxia.
- Brief overview of the pathophysiology of Ataxia
- Understand the cerebellum’s contribution to motor control and motor learning
- Understand evidence based assessment tools for measuring ataxia
- Describe research and clinical-based treatment techniques to address ataxia and its effects on function
- Utilize clinical cases to understand treatment applications
- Discuss clinical questions and challenges in the treatment of ataxia
Chelsea is a Board-Certified Neurologic Specialist at re+active physical therapy & wellness who completed her doctor of physical therapy degree at the University of Southern California in 2016. She is passionate about working with people with movement disorders and completed the Schmidt Movement Disorders Fellowship in 2017.
Lauren is also a Board-Certified Neurologic Specialist at re+active physical therapy & wellness who received her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from USC in 2013 and completed her Neurologic Residency at Precision Rehabilitation in 2014. She loves working with people with all neurologic conditions.